Trust Funding

You must sign various papers to transfer your assets to your Trust. You transfer real estate into the Trust by signing a deed. If done properly, there will be no Proposition 13 reassessment on transfers of real estate to the Living Trust. You transfer to the Living Trust your partnership interests, securities and deeds of trust by signing “assignments.” Your existing bank and savings accounts (other than a small operating account) should be retitled in the Living Trust. Similarly, you should rename your existing stock brokerage accounts in the name of the Trust.